Wednesday, March 15, 2017

That silent stranger(EN)

First chapter
My parents moved here when I was three. I don’t know why, at least in my opinion we were doing well in the previous place. We used to live at a countryside and had a farm. We had lots of land. That’s why I don’t understand why we had to move.
Life in the city is very different. I already realized in elementary school, that people like me are either nobody, or leaders. Like me, as in, I dress and act differently. I used to be bullied too, among other things I was called a hillbilly. But I overcame the bullies very fast. I became known as the girl that end all fights very fast. Teachers didn’t think well of that though, afterall, they were the ones who had to call the ambulance, when someone went as far as even raised a finger at me. But I liked my status. With a short time from nobody to the absolute leader. I look like I’m slightly overweight, but I’m actually very mobile. Usually when I knock some boy out no one will even notice. Except the boy of course, although they don’t have much of an idea either. They’re so slow. Everyone except me seems to be. Back then I was 14, now I’m 17, about to be 18. When I was 16 I realized: boys avoided me. I of course knew the reason to that, but still. It’s still sad when everyone else has a boyfriend and I don’t. Now that I’m 17, I’m not so aggressive anymore.
Last week I met a boy. It’s always different with him, in every way. I don’t know what it is, but I want to be together with him. Very strange, as it’s not like me. I’ve always been known as someone, who is neutral towards boys. Girls trust me, as I’ve never <expression> someone’s boyfriend. But now, I guess I’ve started to babble. Instead, I’d like to speak of when I met with her.

I was randomly wandering around in the city. Boredom was starting to get fatal. I stepped of the main street and onto an alley. In through the door, out from the other side, onto another alley. I know this city much better than even those old people who have lived here even since they were kids. I spend most of my time outside. I also go to school, but it doesn’t have a meaning to me. They say I’m very stubborn. So what if I am? Get over it. I don’t intend to change myself for someone else. Unless it’s Ryan. Oh right, I wanted to talk of him. On that day I wandered the city, as usual. The time was approaching midnight. It was dark, but that didn’t disturb me - I see very well in the dark too. I was headed towards the park, through my shortcuts of course. I like moving through alleys, I never feel like there’s cops nearby when I do. I hate them. Anyways, in the park there is also a skatepark. That’s where I was headed, to skate, as usual. Near the skatepark I saw a gang. They were picking on some other boy. I usually wouldn’t care, but I know how it feels to be bullied. I approached them and asked “Well, what’s up boys? You think you’re so tough?” “oO, the girl came too. Wait a little. We’ll finish with him and then deal with you. “
I looked straight into his eyes, with complete calm. “You think? I think you can’t even lay a finger on me.” He only grinned at that. “Are you deaf? Or just stupid? I said - prove that you dare to even touch me. Or are you as cowardly as you look like?” “So the bitch wants to have fun? Sure,” he said, still grinning, and turned towards me. This grinning enraged me, but I didn’t let them see that. Not the right time, yet. He’s way bigger than I am, so I have to be fast. He started to move his hand towards my shoulder. Who does he think I am? Within half a second, when his hand was one inch from my shoulder, I grabbed it. He of course pulled back his hand and tried to slap me, but on that moment I hit his wrist. A silent crack was heard and he fell to the ground. Oh, so that’s how tough he is? Falls from the first hit.
It took a few more seconds for others to even realize what had happened. They didn’t turn out to be smarter. They, 4 of them left, stepped towards me. But they weren’t as dumb as they seemed. They spread out around me. Like by a signal, 3 of them rushed towards me, but it was a diversion. One of them grabbed me from behind and forced me to the ground. I couldn’t do anything. I was struggling like crazy, the others just watched. They didn’t grin, one of them had already payed for that.
The one that grabbed me tried to undress me, but due to having to hold me tight and my constant struggling it proved to be complicated. I managed to free one hand and punched him. He fell back a little, freeing my other hand. Before he had time to react I had landed another blow on his stomach, kicked him in the groin and was on him, twisting his hands behind his back. I looked at the others, enraged as I was. They were quite scared. A moment later they thought it better to run. They can think a little afterall. When they had left I also released the one under me. He only moaned. The leader of the gang was still lying on the ground nearby. No sense of honor at all, leaving their friend behind. The leader simply lay on the ground, trying to keep his hand still. “You should call yourself an ambulance,” I said, once again calm. “I...cnt” he only said about that. Whatever, I don’t care about him.
The boy that they had been bullying simply looked at me. He seemed quite fearful. Well, kind of makes sense. Who else has seen before, that a girl beats the crap out of 2 boys alone... “Well, who are you?” I asked, “Why were they bullying you?”.
“I don’t think you would understand,” he responded. “We’ll talk,” I said. “Since I already saved you, you can guess how far my ability to understand goes.” He didn’t have anything to say about that joke. Oh well, frightened. “But you do know why they were bullying you, right?”
He didn’t respond.
“You don’t know?” I asked.
“It’s rather about how to explain it,” he responded.
“Why should I believe you?” I asked, “You’re just too scared to admit something”.
He looked at me. “You think?” Asked his eyes.
He pointed at a nearby car. I looked at him, not understanding. He pointed at the car again, not looking away from it. I looked too.
At first, nothing happened. But then the car started to rise up. It rose higher and higher, until it reached about the sixth floor, then started to descend again. Having landed the car, he looked at me. He no longer looked frightened, but smiled. “Do you now believe that I’m not normal?”
I was speechless.

How did you do it? I asked. “Well, I said that it’s hard to explain” he told.
His eyes were cheerful. Someone cares. But now he was no longer so modest. We sat in the skatepark, on the ramp. I asked, he responded.

No comments:

Post a Comment