Wednesday, March 15, 2017

A story of veiled powers(EN)

You are not meant to know what I am.

The leaves were blown up, as I ran past them, on my four feet. Something is chasing me. I do not want to be caught.
You don’t know.
I jump over a branch, not slowing down at all. Yet, they are still after me.
How is it even possible? I run over 50 miles per hour.
Must find out.
I stop and turn around to face him or her. I don’t know who it is. Something is moving through the undergrowth. I can see the branches bending away to reveal a....

That’s when I awakened.

I am sitting and looking at my paws... I mean hands, I have hands again. No claws or fur. I’m a human.

Those dreams, they keep seeming more and more real.

I see a cut across my right hand. Strange. I injured it in my dream. What if...

I stand up and start walking home along the forest path.

Who am I? My name is Tyler and I’m a hunter.
I often have blackouts. They are hours long and I see dreams when they happen. I see that I... am something else.
It’s starting to seem, that they are not dreams anymore. My nightmares, they are slowly becoming real.
What am I? I don’t know...

A crossroad. One path leads home, the other to the sage. It’s not that far.
Ah, I’ll visit her, the sun is still high up in the sky.

“...Tyler, you do not know. I... I think you have to know.
The animal that you are in your dreams is not a bear, it’s something more rare.
They are not dreams, Tyler. “ she said.
Silence.
“So... what am I?” I asked.
“You are what the previous generations would of called a druid.
You can really turn yourself into an animal, but you apparently haven’t learned to control it.“ She told.
“That’s not possible. I do not believe you.” I responded
“Open your eyes, Tyler. You can’t avoid your destiny. “ she said.
“And? What would that be?” I asked back.
“You must head to the southern kingdoms. Go and find the oracle, she will know what to do.”
“So you’re saying that I should just leave my doings and go south? That’s madness. I have duties. “
“Yes,” she stated. “You must go. But for now you must go home and think about it. You will understand. “
“I still don’t believe you... but I guess the voice of reason will find either of us soon enough. “
“Farewell, Tyler” She said.
“Farewell,” I responded.

My head was exploding with thoughts. Could it really be?

But soon I headed south. If not for else, then to prove her wrong. Perhaps also because I needed to know.
Finding the oracle was not easy. It took time. Meanwhile word spread about me. I didn’t know of that though, until she found me. I had no idea that the oracle is also a traveller. No one had and never will have.
She likes to keep her identity a secret, constantly changing appearances and moving around. However, if she wants to be recognized, then she knows how. Her wisdom reveals her identity.
If she wants it to.

She started talking. Just seconds ago she was just another bypasser. A hood veiled her face.
“Whom do you seek?” she asked, with the voice of an aged woman.
“The oracle,” I responded, sensing that she already knows that.
“Seek no more, for she has been found,” she said, slightly raising her hood.
I could see eyes. Such eyes that can only be seen when looking at an old person. Yet, eyes so full of life and light.
“Come with me,” she said.
I realized that she avoided talking in public. Probably to stay unrecognized for most people.

EOC

“You will learn more than shapeshifting,” the oracle said.
“What exactly am I?” Tyler asked back.
“Your sage told you that you are a druid. She didn’t lie, but I know this is not what you are worried about,” said the oracle and appeared to not pay attention anymore.
“What is it that I am worried about, then?” Tyler asked.
“That is for you to figure out and solve. I can only show you the way, but not lead you through it.”

For a moment I saw what the oracle saw. I saw the past, the present and the future, but it was too much to conceive it all.
I did find the answer though. I need to leave everyone behind and learn to use my abilities. It will not be easy, but nothing is anymore. I don’t have a choice.

I knew that she knows all I know and more, so I left. It simply made sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment