Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Children of the wilds(EN)

2017 - This story is quite fragmented, but I've decided to post it anyway.

Related to “Knight and Demon”

X - protagonist
Y - his best friend

Background:
The 2 friends(boys) live in a small village. X’s father is some kind of a wise guy that knows quite a lot about artifacts from the past. Where he gets his knowledge is not known.
Y’s parents are not known. He would be adopted by the villagers, but he chooses not to be, so he’s a sort of an outsider through his own will. It is likely that there have been some very bad events in his past, but he never talks about them. Being silly is his way of disguising the fact, that he actually thinks of very serious things.
The boys are late teens, although some of their pranks might make them seem younger. They regularly lurk around in the plains and forests near the village, usually not going very far.
As of the moment of this story, the village is wealthy and the boys don’t have anything useful to do.
Independence is valued highly in this village, this is one of the reasons why the boys are allowed to do almost anything they want. However, they still have to visit the village every few days to not make the villagers worry.
When in the wilds, the boys don’t carry around any food. Nature provides them with everything.
Even in the village, no one has any kind of farm animals. There exist some pets, but they are treated more like family members than minions.
In the surrounding forests and plains, there are some druids. The villagers don’t know about them, but any hunting would bring their wrath. This makes hunting very dangerous.
It is also fairly pointless to eat meat here, as the village can survive just as well without.

Two kids are playing in the ruins of an ancient structure. They are best friends.
Hey, look what I found! shouts out one of them

I approach Y, seeing that he has some small object in his hand.
What is it?
I’m not sure, but it sure looks shiny!
Show me

It’s a little pyramid-shaped object.
Let’s show it to my dad. He usually knows what is what.
Hell no! He would just claim it for himself!
“You know he isn’t like that... “ I said. And we both know he is not, but this time I lost the mind game.

It looks like some kind of a jewel. But it’s a bit too big for that, don’t you think?
It’s either too big, or too expensive! He grabs the object from my hands and slightly backs away.
Oh no you won’t...

I lunge at him to take back the artifact, but he anticipated my move and got out of the way. Sometimes I almost hate how he likes to play tricks on me, but then I figure out a way to do the same to him.

Gimme that. You know you want to. I said
You know I’m not falling for this, he says, grinning and moving to a corner.
I lunge at him again. He tries to back out, but hits a wall. He didn’t see this coming, so I’ve managed to take the thing back from him.

Anyways, I’ll show it to my father now, I said, acting like this was just another gadget we found from the ruins. Indeed, we have shown him many things we’ve found.
However, this time Y resists.
No, don’t do that... I have a strange feeling about this.
What do you suggest then? It’s not like we’re magically gonna know what this is.
Perhaps... perhaps we are. I have an idea.

We went to an old foreteller who, at that point, lived away from the village.

This item surges with power, I tell you!
How much does it cost, asks Y
This is ancient, so more than you could ever pay.

I’m looking into the campfire. Wondering.
Do you believe her?
Believe who about what?
Y’know, the foreteller. Do you believe this thing we found is truly ancient?
I should not have asked this. It’s not like I ever get a straight answer from him.
I’m not sure. It sure looks special though.
Straight answer. Oh well.

I wake up, as Y is shaking me.
It’s gone! The thing we found, it’s not here. Oh please tell me you have it.
What? No, I don’t have it.
A few minutes later the only conclusion we have is that we still don’t know who took it.

*Something

I walk into his room. He’s not sitting by his desk as he usually does.
Then I notice that he’s lying on the floor.

“Dad, are you alright?”
What a stupid question
I see something on the ground near him. It’s the artifact. (I pick it up. Not written in this chapter, but implied later)

EOC

Weeks later, my father is finally well again. However, he would never be the same again.
I can’t put my finger on what it is, but something about him has changed.

(A spirit from the artifact has possessed father. There is one more spirit, but it is inactive at this moment)

I didn’t tell Y that I had found the artifact in my father’s hands. It was enough to see what had happened to my father. If anyone more will be hurt, then it will be me.

EOC

When he became the light, he exchanged some traits with a friend. In order to reach godly perfection, at least one would have to make way, or so they thought.
(later it appeared, that both had ascended, but not in the ways they would have expected.
There must always be balance. If balance can not be achieved through the creation of one god, then multiple will have to be created. And so they were, over time)

No comments:

Post a Comment